So, I've become a little OCD about posting every day this month. I knew I said I would be taking today off, but I just plain didn't feel like it. And since my dad's coming to town this evening and I won't be able to post my (rather pathetic) dinner from last night, I'm gonna do a meme. Found this in a few places, but the place I chose to copy and paste it from was Jessy's blog. If you do it, too, let me know so I can come see your answers!
1. name a song that involves food in some way.
the pizza song - bouncing souls
2. what criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
well photographed foodstuffs. ease of getting ingredients since i can't get as much as i'd like in wv. interesting flavor combinations.
3. what did you eat today?
salad for lunch w/poppyseed dressing and some leftover cashew ginger tofu. i skipped breakfast again, i know, bad... usually i have oatmeal with something in it for breakfast though.
4. name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
tings (can't find em here!)
5. the Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. what will the title of the show be?
food that won't kill you.
6. favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
chili garlic sriracha...also, spicy brown mustard
7. how old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
24 - vegetarian/25 - vegan
8. favorite vegan cheeze?
mac n cheeze meal starter for pasta and nachos, tofutti mozzarella slices for pizza (can't get any teese around here, unfortunately)
9. cutest baby animal?
10. favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
my mom's homemade strawberry preserves, but i recently purchased some cranberry walnut jam that is...the jam, especially mixed into my morning oatmeal.
11. do you take any vitamins/supplements?
no, though i probably should. actually, i'm pretty darned healthy, but i don't keep track of what vitamins and minerals i get from my food, so i'm not sure if i'm lacking in anything.
12. what food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
chili. i might make some tonight. not that it feels like fall today.
13. what food would you have a hard time living without?
hmm...i go through food stages, so this could vary depending on what month it is, but generally i would say avocado. i have this thirst for avocados that cannot be quenched by any other food.
14. coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
tea, but really only because coffee makes me a jittery, anxious waste and i haven't found a good vegan hot chocolate yet. plus, it's a little sugary for everyday drinking, unfortunately.
15. it's 10PM and you're starving. what do you eat?
dinner, probably. we eat late at my house.
16. if you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
our house plants.
17. worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
ugh, i'm always burning myself on the oven racks. i don't know why i never learn. though one time, i cut my finger pretty badly while trying to slice some really crusty bread...(remember, mom? you thought i was drunk, but i wasn't! that bread was seriously crustastic!)
18. when you have a food-related question, who do you call?
my mom. she knows everything. especially about breadbaking. but recently, she's been calling me! what is the world coming to? but after all she's (and my dad, too) done for my baking and cooking skills, i'm happy to shell out advice on pressing tofu and where to find the coconut milk in the grocery store.
19. summer is ending- what food will you miss most?
tomatoes that actually taste good.
20. what snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
none. i have a tendency to eat when i'm bored and i'm totally bored all the time at work, so... we do have pretzels in our kitchen here that sometimes i eat with peanut butter if i actually get hungry while i'm here without a snack.
21. favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
anything with huge chunks of veggies and lots of herbs. and some noodles. it's the only soup (besides chili) that i have memorized and it tastes like my parents' chicken noodle soup (obviously, without the chicken). total comfort food.
22. what's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
i don't really drink juice. like, ever. *gasp!*
23. favorite brand of root beer?
the only kinds we can really get here are IBC, Barq's, and Mug. personally, of those 3, i prefer diet mug. but i don't really drink soda at all anymore, unless there is no other option.
24. make you your own question: if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
nachos. with cheezey sauce, crumblers, corn, refried beans, salsa, lettuce, guacamole, jalepenos, olives, and scallions. i don't think i could ever get tired of that.
There you have it. A glimpse into my food-brain. More food pics to come tomorrow!
When Health Care is Self-Care
8 hours ago