Thursday, January 15, 2009

here's the deal!

Our wireless internet is broken.  I have not forgotten about you, but Michael's desktop computer is in a place that is incredibly freezing in our apartment (it's like 10 degrees [F] outside and we heat our whole apartment with 3 space heaters), so I lack the motive to sit over here for too awfully long.  I really apologize, especially since I have 3 recipes I want to share and some cool news and some other pretty cool news, but you're going to have to wait until either:

a) it's above 32 outside or
b) my wireless works again.  

Anyone who has wireless internet smarts, please contact me.  We are clueless here.  Everything says it's working, but the network isn't showing up on my computer.  Obviously, Michael's internet works fine.  Bummer!  I have no idea what's going on.  And we can't contact our ISP because we didn't get our wireless router through them (it was an old one of Michael's that we re-used).  So....  Sorry!  I will be back in action soon, I promise!

15 comments:

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Computer issues drive me crazy. My laptop is ooooooold and is driving me nuts -- coupled with our DSL that goes up and down all. the. time. The company insists that everything is fine, and maybe I should buy another phone wire. Grrrrr....

I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope it warms up and everything gets fixed soon!

aTxVegn said...

Such suspense with the recipes and news! I hope you warm up and get reconnected soon.

Gina said...

I don't have any wireless smarts....ours is broken too. But there is some that I steal that is uber reliable.

saveyrgeneration said...

I was in a similar situation a few days ago. try unplugging your router and leaving it so for a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

aww, I'm sorry to hear about that! I wish that I coul dhelp you on the internet problems, but I'm clueless when it comes to technology!

Marni said...

I don't have anything useful to offer other than sympathy. I have a computer that refuses to recognize our network, too. Luckily for me, it's my laptop and not my main computer, and I only use it when I'm out (and other places, it works fine). So, sorry you're have computer problems. I totally empathize.

And sorry it's so damn cold. I can't relate to that at all. In fact, it was so hot here yesterday, I ran the air conditioner. If I could package up some SoCal sunshine and send it to you, I would.

Hope you're back soon! And warm!

Anonymous said...

oh no! What a huge pain! I'm not much help, sorry. I hope you find the solution soon!

jessy said...

supersadface on the wireless issues! i hope they're fixed super soon. i'm not one for technology type things - but i hope it either warms up fast or starts working PRONTO! i want to see yummy foods, print off tasty recipes, and hear about all the cool news!

stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried turning off and on again?! Hee hee! >;o)

I'm kidding. Technolgy is not my speciality I'm afraid.

I hope you get it fixed soon, or I'll miss you!

miss v said...

i'm an it manager, so i might be able to help. of course, you'd have to sit in the cold to email me... but if you want to give it a shot.
missv@thevegancookbook.com

will it recognize the wireless network?

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that sucks. Good luck, and keep warm!

Chelsea said...

Oh no! I am clueless with that kind of stuff and so lucky that I married a computer geek! haha

About the cat trees - there are actually 3 different guys that advertise on Craigslist that they make these in the Portland metro area. Mine that's 6 ft. tall was only $65! I would definitely check your local CL :)

Kristen's Raw said...

Bummer! Sorry to hear about your wireless situation.

Looking forward to when you're back online :)

Cheers,
Kristen

Vegan_Noodle said...

I hope your wireless gets fixed soon! That and I hope it warms up for you :-)