Thursday, August 14, 2008

Garden Bounty

I went home this past weekend and my mom hooked me up with a whoooole bunch of fresh veggies. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. I'm still in the process of freezing a lot of what I got from her. So. Without further ado: this is what I received:
The Whole Shebang

Zuchini, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Corn, Basil Plant (yessss)

Corn, Peppers, and some silly squash I can't remember the name of, but is really meaty and yummy

Squash, Swiss Chard, etc

My parents' garden

As a tribute to how awesome my parents are for maintaining a garden with how much hard work it is, along with everything else they have to do constantly, I am including some especially lovely pictures of the wooonderful veggie garden.

Calendula, Squash, Sunflowers, Tomatoes

Loverly Peppers

omg CORN

A Baby Canteloupe

Squowsh!

Cucumber Tower

They are growing this: peppers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, green beans (which I also got some of, but didn't photograph), squash, zuchini, corn, cucumbers, melons, gourds, sunflowers, calendula, potatoes.... and if I've forgotten anything...sorry, Mom and Dad!

Anyway, this all has led to an amazing delicious bounty of fresh veggie meals. Which I will post either tonight later or tomorrow. Believe me, amazing, amazing stuff.

And..... as a parting gift... The KITCHEN HERB GARDEN. iamsojealous.

and this is what i took with me:
lemon basil, romesmary, calendula, oregano, dill, chives, thyme, etc.

No comments: