Thursday, July 24, 2008

This Is Only the Beginning

Hmm. I've been wanting to start up a food blog for awhile now. So here it is! This will mostly be a running commentary on the concoctions I come up with in the kitchen from day to day... With lots of pictures! Though no pictures right now. My internet at home is down, so I have to sit in the parking lot of a local craptastic fast Italian food chain (no names, no names...) with my laptop and steal their internet for now. Because Starbucks sucks. I will name THEIR name. Because they make me angry. More on that later. Maybe. Oh, I got distracted... I'm using the internet at work now.

Anyway, a bit about me. I'm vegan. So only vegan recipes will be posted here. Which is awesome. And also rad. I love to cook and bake, although since it's summer and about 3 thousand degrees outside (not counting the humidity, which is...unbearable), meals are somewhat simple as of late. But still delish. You'll see. I have loads of pictures that I've been taking of my dinners and sometimes my lunches to post (maybe tonight after work if you're lucky).

What else about me... I've been vegetarian since October 2006, slowly and steadily becoming vegan ever since. I finally kicked my cheese addiction a few months ago and here I am! That may make me sound like a newbie, but I'm not for one simple reason: my ever hungry and live-in boyfriend, Michael, has been vegan for years and I've been cooking for him for over 2 of those years. So I've got it down, for the most part. In fact, I didn't even start cooking until I became vegetarian, and cooking vegan food is most definitely one of my passions. I think about food. A lot. Like, most of my day. I love to eat, and I love to feed people.

Enough about food for a minute. I'm a receptionist at a law office. I have a BFA and a Master's degree in photography, but the town I live in for now BLOWS and there are no jobs in my field. So I am a working artist, but I don't get paid for it. So this pays my bills. Barely. But still. You'll inevitably hear about my job, depending on my mood and whether I actually feel like talking about it. It's not really like... 'part of my real life' if you know what I mean. It's just what I do for 8 hours a day to pass the time and pay the rent.

I love to read. I am a big nerd. I only ask for books and cooking tools for birthdays and christmas.

And that's enough for now. I will steal some internet later and post some food pics, ok? jeez, be patient.

No comments: