Tuesday, November 11, 2008

7 things you probably don't care to know about me

Hmm... I got tagged for a meme by Conquerbysmiling of Vegan with a Reason. Do you people think I'm interesting enough to want to know more about me? Ok then. I'll try to come up with stuff you don't actually know. Here it is:

Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links.Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I have no patience. Absolutely none. I am probably the most impatient person I have ever met, and I know that it is probably an annoying trait of mine, but I like to think that it makes me endearing, quirky, and cute.

2. I am crazy about grammar/spelling/sentence structure. Which you probably can't tell from my blog, since I use sentence fragments all the time. I am so incredibly nuts about it that when I misspell something, I will stop at nothing in order to correct it. For example, I just realized that I spelled 'picatta' wrong in my post from last night and am seriously embarassed by that fact. (I fixed it just now, even though everyone's already seen it.) I swear that I'm (usually) a naturally good speller.

3. My favorite movie of all time is The Neverending Story. The first one. And only the first one. I would give just about anything to have my very own luck dragon.

4. I'm finding it difficult to think of 7 interesting facts about myself, which I also find a little sad.

5. I think I'm really, really funny. Not many other people do. This is my favorite saying that I have about myself: The funniest thing about me is how funny I think I am.

6. I've been to Europe twice, and both times I was so homesick that I didn't really have a very good time. I really regret that now, because since then I have grown quite a bit into someone that I think would really enjoy exploring and striking out on my own. My hope is that I get to travel again someday and that I will make the best of it instead of moping.

7. I get great satisfaction from writing things on post-it notes. Grocery lists, personal reminders, funny words, just about anything gets better when written on a post-it. Example: Once I was typing an anti-discrimination something or other for my boss and accidentally typed 'anti-discriminatoes' instead. Since this is obviously hilarious, I jotted it down on a post-it and stuck it in my desk drawer where I get to see it all the time.

There you go. Now...tag 7 people? Ok.

Happyveganface
Bananas & Soymilk
I am not a rabbit
alien on toast
musings from the fishbowl
miss v's vegan cookbook
lady's vegan kitchen

I hate blogging at work because the computer screen is all wonky and I can't ever tell if I'm using the right colors or not. And I think the font looks different. Alas!

14 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for playing, you are very interesting!

I LOVE the Neverending story!

jessy said...

what a fun tag! thanks for tagging me, too! i hope to get to this soon - it's so much fun! squeeeeeeeeeee!

i'm pretty impatient, too - dan's always kinda amused by it. it's ridiculous. i just feel like i don't have time to fuss with some stuff. that's why dan makes sushi (i would freak out about having to have patience and be calm & such) - and is better at crossword puzzles and such. i say "eh, fuck it!" far too often and just give up! ahahahahaa!

The Neverending Story is a glorious movie. makes me want to watch it again (well, that and "The Last Unicorn")! i'm totally gonna netflix it! yay!

i love stickies as well! they're the best! i've usually got one on my steering wheel in my car, too! glorious! "anti-discriminatoes" made me laugh - see, you're funny! your posts are always cracking me up, Jessica - i love 'em!

hooray for a super fun post! thanks for sharing mucho random facts about yourself! superw00t!

Anonymous said...

I love reading more about my favourite bloggers! And geeze, I've been tagged! Goodness me, I'll need a few days to think of some good answers! :)
And I am SO a post-it note queen!

Anonymous said...

Cool. I love The Neverending Story!
I call The Grey 'Falcor' all the time when he sleeps with his paws outstretched in front of him (all long and white and cute). Luck Dragons rule!
And thanks for another tag, I haven't posted mine yet cos I can't think of any! Grumble, grumble!

miss v said...

ok, so i made a rule that i wouldn't post things other than recipes in my blog. so now i'm debating if i should start a new blog just so i can do this. or maybe i'll just do it in your comments section and hope it doesn't piss you off. ok... so number one is that i shouldn't be so anal retentive about my blog. but i am....

okay, off to decide how to do this. :)

Anonymous said...

aww what i nteresting facts!!! And I love number 5, too cute!

Virginia said...

thanks for the tag! i will have to do this tomorrow...i hope i can think of 7 things! i am pretty boring =P

Vegan_Noodle said...

Well I think you're funny!! And I love Neverending Story too... such a good movie. Now I need to go watch it again.

miss v said...

ok, i solved the dilemma. i posted it on my myspace. i knew i kept that thing around for a reason. don't hate me for number 2. ;)

my tag

Georgia said...

lol I am a compulsive list writer!! Thanks for the tag.

It was a good laugh reading yours.

Virginia said...

i just got your cookies! i am going to blog them later today or tomorrow, they are super pumpkiny but i love pumpkin so yay! thanks!!!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I think I'm really funny too! hahaha.

Neverending Story rocks. When I was in primary school they took us to see it at the cinema! :)

Thanks for the tag as well.

Gina said...

I just found your blog, I love it!! So much good food, yum :)

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm another one who thinks I'm really funny too!
I laugh at all my jokes - even when no-one else is laughing!!
BUT - you ARE funny - you always make me laugh so I guess it's not all one sided. Oooh...something else we have in common - I am a COMPLETE grammar nazi!!
And it annoys me that these comments don't give an edit option as sometimes spelling mistakes escape me and I fret over it for days (well...not days but somehow minutes just doesn't have the impact I was going for!!).