Thursday, August 6, 2009

bear with me!

We did, in fact, get the apartment. The past three weeks have been a frenzy of packing, moving, unpacking, and figuring out where to put stuff. We've been eating a lot of salads and sandwiches and fake meat and chips and salsa or hummus for dinner. I have not forgotten the blog or my lovely readers! Things are just hectic at the moment. Hopefully, by Monday, Michael and I will be more settled, less busy, and more apt to cook instead of put together tables and chairs and arrange furniture and corral cats and clean up endless messes. Stay tuned!

12 comments:

nora said...

Good luck--I can't even imagine the chaos! You'll make it :)

Tami said...

How exciting! I'll look forward to your return.

jessy said...

hooray for getting the apartment, Jessica! no worries on the blogging - we miss you - but totally understand. it sounds banana pants right now - but you'll be unpacked and sorted out super soon. hummus, chips 'n salsa, sammies, and salads sound damn delicious to me! congrats again on the new place! superw00t!

aTxVegn said...

Yay!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

yay congrats on the apartment!! I feel your pain, there's nothing i hate more than moving.

Blessed BE said...

How can you KILL all those plants. Study the Jain way: eat only what falls from the tree naturally.

Jen Treehugger said...

HOOOORAY!
That's great news. I know exactly the madness of moving house, having done it myself 3 months ago.

Eric said...

I know exactly where you're coming from. I just moved to a new place a month ago and my blog entries ground to a halt and my eating habits went in the gutter.

Congrats on the new place :)

Erin said...

Moving is crazy times! We will patiently await your return.

Anonymous said...

A new apartment - how exciting! Can't wait to see what it looks like! Hope the unpacking/settling in goes smoothly.

celine said...

good luck with it all!

miss v said...

welcome back... love the canned goods!